During 2021, mortgage industry leaders have had much to manage and more to plan for. Looking at their content consumption from the last year, they’ve been preoccupied with capitalizing on the booming times in housing and mortgage – all while preparing for a drastic turn in industry conditions in the year ahead.
During the last 12 months, mortgage lenders read these guides and articles from Total Expert, in order of estimated consumption:
- The Do’s and Don’ts of High-Performing Loan Officers
- The Year of the Loan Officer
- Competition and Margin Compression in Lending: The Squeeze Is On
- Mortgage Servicing: The Single Greatest Growth Opportunity
- Guide: The New Competitive Differentiator in Wholesale-Broker Relationships
- Direct-to-Consumer Lending: It’s Time to Up Your Game—Here’s How
- How to Spot the Right Tech Partner for Mortgage Innovation
We’ve noticed a lot of discussion in the mortgage industry around loan originator success – especially retaining those experienced, purchase-orientated lenders who know the market and realtors – during 2021. Read on for our analysis of that mortgage trend in 2021, and a forecast of the key themes for the next year.