Nearly two years after COVID-19 rocked the world, many have found (and still find) themselves trying to get back on their feet. If there was ever a time to lend a helping hand to a neighbor, friend, or stranger, it’s now.
Total Expert prides itself on being a people-centric organization, leading with empathy to empower our employees and customers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Over the past few months, we’ve amplified our efforts to help those in need, and the results speak for themself.
Spreading Holiday Cheer
As the holidays approached, we partnered with several local organizations to brighten spirits for those around us. In November 2021, Total Expert hosted our second annual virtual food drive to support Second Harvest Heartland, a non-profit organization working to end hunger through community partnerships.
Over the past two years, we’ve raised over $10,000 in support of Second Harvest Heartland. Last November alone, our donations provided over 15,000 meals to those in need – a testament to the incredible generosity of our employees! In addition, members of our marketing team made a trip to their facility and packed nearly 4,500 meals.
Our holiday giving didn’t stop there. We partnered with two family sponsorship programs to spread holiday cheer to children and families in the Twin Cities area: Avenues for Youth and Community NEEDS Community. Everything from clothes, toys, and holiday décor was gifted to kids of all ages in hopes of brightening their holidays.
Being in the financial services industry, 2021 was a banner year in many ways, i.e., record-low interest rates and a booming refi market. But more importantly, it was a banner year for our charitable donations, with Total Expert raising $84,000 in total. Other organizations we partnered with include the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, Philando Castille Relief Fund, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, American Warrior Initiative, and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
2022 Planning and Volunteering Underway
We’re wasting no time with our volunteer efforts in 2022. In early January, a group of employees took a trip to New Orleans to work with Habitat for Humanity to help hurricane victims. In just two days, they framed an entire house! Empowering consumers to achieve homeownership is a mission we stand by, which brought even more meaning to this company-sponsored trip.
Our employees continue to impress us with their generosity and willingness to help others, and we can’t wait to see what this year’s results will bring. Here’s a look at the organizations we’re partnering with for the remainder of the year:
- Minneapolis Recreation Development: Serving at-risk youth and the homeless community
- Dress for Success Twin Cities: Empowering women to achieve economic independence
- Climate Generation, Environmental Initiative, and Friends of the Mississippi River: Environmental Awareness
- Avenues for Youth: Empowering youth to find their path out of homelessness
- Pride Twin Cities: March to support the LGBTQ+ community
- PRISM: Distributing fresh produce to families in need
- Habitat for Humanity: Building and rehabilitating affordable homes in the Twin Cities
- NAMIWalks: Improving the lives of children and adults with mental illness
- University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital: Improving the lives of children
- Second Harvest Heartland: Providing reliable access to food to end hunger.
- Community NEEDS Community: Outreach services to benefit our communities