MOVE FAST & INNOVATE
Total Expert’s mission is to drive growth by making customer relationships human again. As a private, rapidly growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, we provide the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations and their brands to stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. Today, more than 100 customers in both lending and financial services firms, including eight of America’s top 15 lenders, leverage Total Expert’s Marketing Operating System to create customers for life by blending human relationships with digital simplicity.
Why choose Total Expert? At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation and customer success at all times. Our most successful people have a “teamwork makes the dream work” mindset, can operate with a strong sense of urgency, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are solution orientated.
We are being recognized! In 2019, Total Expert made the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies in the country at spot #105 and was the 2nd fastest-growing Minneapolis-based company on the list. In addition to being awarded a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019), we have also been recognized as a HousingWire Tech100 and Minne Inno 50 on Fire award winner in 2019.
The Technical Writer is focused on delivering easy to understand product documentation to financial services customers and internal users on a tight schedule so that Total Expert’s customers can find their own answers to key product questions. To be successful, you’ll need to build strong partnerships with Engineering, Customer Support, and other key functions, leverage your own curiosity to create a solid understanding of the way the product works, and fluidly communicate priorities, progress, scope and tradeoffs to all stakeholders. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather information and become familiar with product functionality.
- Plan, develop, catalog, and maintain high-quality internal- and external-facing documentation and presentations as product is updated.
- Apply consistent content styling across documentation to ensure continuity in tone and terminology.
- Create easy-to-understand user interface text to be used in online help or internal guides.
- Generate documentation as part of product release activities, or broader product launch initiatives in conjunction with Product Marketing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate success of documentation and adjust as needed.
- Foster a workplace with the highest moral and ethical standards to ensure Total Expert remains an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity.
What we look for:
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- 2+ years of Technical Writer experience, preferably in the area of SaaS platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written skills in English with a keen ability to write in an explanatory and procedural style for varied audiences.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, communication and negotiating skills.
- Curious in nature, which drives you to ask great questions that informs how best to create documents that support users.
- Proactive in sharing experiences and techniques with team members to turn feedback into learning opportunities.
- Technical Writer experience, preferably in the area of SaaS platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry