Technical Support Engineer
MOVE FAST & INNOVATE
Total Expert’s mission is to drive growth by making customer relationships human again. As a private, rapidly growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, we provide the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations and their brands to stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. Today, more than 100 customers in both lending and financial services firms, including eight of America’s top 15 lenders, leverage Total Expert’s Marketing Operating System to create customers for life by blending human relationships with digital simplicity.
Why choose Total Expert? At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation and customer success at all times. Our most successful people have a “teamwork makes the dream work” mindset, can operate with a strong sense of urgency, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are solution orientated.
We are being recognized! In 2019, Total Expert made the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies in the country at spot #105 and was the 2nd fastest-growing Minneapolis-based company on the list. In addition to being awarded a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019), we have also been recognized as a HousingWire Tech100 and Minne Inno 50 on Fire award winner in 2019.
We are looking for a Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer. This role will involve skill sets in managing customer tickets, your ticket queue, and client escalations. In addition, you will be looking at database tables, combing through log files, and understanding of how software works to become highly efficient at making our customers successful. We need people who are self-motivated, have a strong desire to learn, a can-do attitude, tenacity to solve problems, team players, and results focused. We have an unwavering zeal to make our Customers successful. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Answering ‘how to’ technical and application configuration questions.
- Assisting in trouble shooting 2nd level technical issues.
- Triage defects in the Total Expert platform as well as 3rd party integrations.
- Generating custom reports for various business units.
- Performing database updates at the request of clients and internal teams.
- Work with other business units, including Implementation, Product, Engineering, and Customer Success, as required to ensure strong customer satisfaction.
- Business event monitoring of customer production environments.
- Manage customer expectations and experience in a way that results in high customers satisfaction.
- Creating of knowledge articles in Total Expert’s knowledge base for the use by the Tier 2 Support team.
- Participate in on call rotation.
What we look for:
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- 2-3 years of experience working directly with external customers in a technical support environment for an enterprise software or SAAS company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Able to maintain close feedback loop with client regarding their tickets and requests.
- Strong personal commitment to quality service.
- Technical background in Linux, Unix and other OS’s.
- Experience with SQL and Bash is required.
- Ability to listen to customer feedback, requests, issues and translate appropriately to others in the company.
- Ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to listen to customer feedback, requests, issues and translate as appropriately to others in the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management, written, and verbal communication skills.