Software Training & Engagement Consultant
Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
The Software Training & Engagement Consultant will report to the Manager of Instructional Solutions Development. They will be part of the dynamic, collaborative Training and Engagement Team, responsible for driving high-impact, customer-focused learning solutions in a fast-paced growth environment. This role will be responsible for consulting with internal and external stakeholders to customize training solutions to help customers realize business value from Total Expert’s solution. Ultimately, this role will help promote adoption and ongoing customer engagement with Total Expert by helping individual end-users and customer organizations succeed.
- Lead engaging customer-facing, instructor-led software classes, via webinar or in person. This includes traveling to customer sites throughout the US up to 50% of the time and presenting to groups of 5–1000 people.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and members of the Training and Engagement Team (including learning experience designers, technical writers, and software training and engagement consultants) to design and deliver best-in-class training solutions.
- Facilitate hands-on software training using the following skills: demonstrating software, explaining concepts, managing the classroom, using a flipchart, guiding attendees through technical processes as a group, identifying and addressing attendee concerns, and selling the business value of the Total Expert platform.
- Adhere to, and help continually refine, Total Expert’s training standards.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Customer Success Managers and customer contacts to create and conduct customer-specific training.
- Assume ownership of each training relationship to ensure customers and users have a positive learning experience. This includes explaining the training process to customer organizations, coordinating your own training calendar, personalizing training for each organization, and conducting ongoing engagement training sessions.
- Collaborate on team projects, including designing and producing training materials.
- Embody professionalism. This includes being prepared for training sessions, meeting deadlines, dressing professionally while at customer sites, building strong relationships with colleagues, positioning Total Expert in a positive light, going the extra mile for the customer, and helping to build a world-class training organization.
- Be able to think strategically and act tactically to quickly implement short-term solutions while working towards building strategically sound long-term solutions.
- Work well independently with minimal supervision and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, change, and evolving priorities in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Keep current on software functionality, mortgage and financial industry, instructional design concepts, and adult education principles.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time. This position will work from our St. Louis Park, MN office when not traveling to customer sites.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience working in a B2B software environment.
- Experience successfully delivering training content to groups.
- Knowledge of basic instructional design concepts and adult education principles.
- 3+ years of experience in a learning and development and/or software training role.
- Mortgage/Financial Services industry knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Strong presentation and communication skills to influence and negotiate solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree.