Senior Director, Business Value Management Office
Total Expert is a private, rapidly growing company that strives for excellence and innovation at all times. Our most successful people operate with a strong sense of urgency, are naturally curious, always look to help solve problems across the organization.
Total Expert is a fintech software pioneer of the first modern, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations to create customers or members for life by re-humanizing complex financial decisions. We ensure financial brands stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. For more information, visit totalexpert.com.
Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019) and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
The Senior Director, Business Value Management Office (BVMO) will develop and drive strategic sales enablement initiatives to support Total Expert’s exponential growth plans in strategic market segments. The main objective is to further develop Total Expert’s financial value-based selling methodology and to educate and coach Total Expert’s direct sales organization on how to implement this methodology successfully into target accounts. This may include the facilitation of customer-facing business value workshops. The position reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and will work very closely with Sales Management, Product Management, Marketing, Executive Management, as well as the Field Sales teams. This position will ultimately build and lead the Business Value Management Team (BVM).
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Create and manage the Business Value Management Office (BVMO) whose charter it is to deliver world-class C-level Executive proposals and presentation materials with improved strategic messaging and content targeting C-level economic buyers.
- Build Financial Impact Analysis, ROI Analysis, and Comparative TCO Tools.
- Conduct customer-facing business value assessment workshops in key prospect accounts as needed.
- Develop content, training materials, and sales enablement programs for key target verticals.
- Develop and improve competitive positioning and messaging to enable the sales team.
- Innovate Total Expert’s Best Practice Sales Methodology, Project Plan, and Close Plan.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive BVM-Sales Process Guide, BVM-Resource Library and Cheat Sheets, as well as BVM-Coaching Guidelines for Sales Management.
- Develop a process to go into our existing and future install base and measure and quantify the tangible and intangible value we have delivered for our customers so this data can be re-purpose for Marketing, Sales, and Product Management.
- Work with Marketing to develop value-based messaging for targeted account/industry penetration.
- Work with Sales Management to help design field sales campaigns against targeted verticals for competitive pursuits.
- Provide program management (BVMO) support for key initiatives focused on driving incremental revenue, including assisting with territory development & expansion planning.
- This position requires the services of an accomplished individual with executive presence and at least 10 years of Business Value Engineering experience selling into Financial Services accounts.
- We’re looking for someone who is expertly able to identify strategic customer pains based on available financial and organizational information and who can develop unique and compelling value propositions that focus on delivering business value to the Total Expert customer or prospect, collaborating with both customers as well as field sales resources.
- In order to make this a scalable proposition for Total Expert the individual needs to be able to translate best practices into trainable and coachable programs and materials.
- Ideally, this will be a sales-centric and customer-focused sales professional with high integrity who has the ability to qualify and coach both sales talent as well as customers in the pursuit of high-value business opportunities.
- We need a confident individual with excellent communication skills and executive presence who can be effective and convince both within the broader Total Expert organization as well as in front of customers, prospects and partners.
- Candidates need to demonstrate a successful track record of engaging all levels in a customer organization from a functional level up to C-level executives.
- Candidates must be willing to travel to HQ in Minneapolis for key internal meetings, as well as to remote locations in North America, for prospect and customer meetings.