Product Marketing Manager
Our Product Marketing team at Total Expert is looking for a Product Marketing Manager (One might say Product Evangelist) to enrich and advance our messaging and positioning both internally and beyond as we bring innovative products to market. This role is the hub of our product strategy wheel driving success in sales and marketing and across the company.
In this role, you will get to know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up insights with market evidence, customer data and primary research. You then use that knowledge to produce content framed by positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales and customer success channels to be successful.
You will collaborate across internal teams to develop product launch strategies and the required innovative content spanning websites, blog posts, sales collateral, product release information, internal and external-facing slide decks, video and demo scripts, and much more. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the know-how to gather the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the Product team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers, Customer Success, Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering, and others; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Study and achieve a strong understanding of the company’s products and be able to educate internal and external audiences regarding benefits to market/end users
- Translate technical details into benefits and value propositions for the user
- Craft compelling value propositions and product-related messages to be disseminated across internal, customer-facing and market-facing channels
- Become an expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, and their key buying criteria as well as follow and analyze market trends to position products
- Gather competitive intelligence and understand how they are positioned and present these findings to our collective teams
- Help develop product marketing strategies and rollout plans in conjunction with broader product and marketing teams
- Collaborate with product and other teams to manage communications around new product rollouts and monthly product releases
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing programs that support our products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Understand and support our sales channels/sales enablement teams; educate them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Proven experience as a product marketer, content strategist or similar role
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office (skilled in PowerPoint), Trello, Confluence or similar
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and HubSpot
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot and Google Analytics
- Experience in using networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Exceptional metric-tracking and ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Must be able to articulate ideas both verbally and as a writer
- SaaS experience a plus
- BSc/BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar field