Marketing Content Specialist
MOVE FAST & INNOVATE
Total Expert’s mission is to drive growth by making customer relationships human again. As a private, rapidly growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, we provide the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations and their brands to stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. Today, more than 100 customers in both lending and financial services firms, including eight of America’s top 15 lenders, leverage Total Expert’s Marketing Operating System to create customers for life by blending human relationships with digital simplicity.
Why choose Total Expert? At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation and customer success at all times. Our most successful people have a “teamwork makes the dream work” mindset, can operate with a strong sense of urgency, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are solution orientated.
We are being recognized! In 2019, Total Expert made the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies in the country at spot #105 and was the 2nd fastest-growing Minneapolis-based company on the list. In addition to being awarded a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019), we have also been recognized as a HousingWire Tech100 and Minne Inno 50 on Fire award winner in 2019.
The Marketing Content Specialist maintains and develops content across all Total Expert platforms, including (but not limited to) digital, print, social, events and public relations. These roles focus on developing and enhancing content to increase audience engagement within the credit union and banking sectors. The content specialist will work with internal subject matter experts, internal and external creative, web, corporate and regional marketing & sales teams to develop, write, edit and proofread content along with ensuring the deliverables meet the high expectation of the Total Expert brand.
The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Produce smart, engaging and impactful industry-leading content to support marketing and other strategic initiatives. Content includes sales materials, white papers, case studies, blogs, video scripts, presentations, web copy and social media content.
- Through creative writing and copy editing, ensure all content clearly resonates with the credit union and banking sectors illustrating strong value propositions and call to actions.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to generate fresh content and identify creative ways to repurpose, reformat and revise existing content into various output channels.
- Think beyond creating siloed content. Analyze the effectiveness in real time by collecting data and producing reports. Ensure that content is integrated into current and future bigger strategies.
- Manage and update internal and external repositories of marketing assets.
- Ensure all existing content is current and updated as positioning, messages, product content, company information evolves.
- Ensure all content aligns to marketing messages and meets strict brand standards for a consistent tone of voice and identity.
- Participate in content strategy planning alongside the communications team.
- Project manage and coordinate content review meetings to ensure content is evaluated, approved and delivered on time.
What we look for:
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- 3-5+ years of experience in marketing and content development.
- Experienced in copy writing and digital content development.
- Excellence organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to ask questions and learn new skills quickly on the job.
- Driven team player motivated to take responsibility and ensure successful outcomes across activities.
- Able to work independently and efficiently in order to meet organizational goals.
- Able to deliver high quality work.
- Track record of professionalism and integrity.
- Exemplary writing and editing skills, in both short-form messaging and longer-form editorial work.
- Experience converting complex messaging into customer friendly messaging.
- Demonstrated track record of execution of innovative communication strategies.
- Creative thinker, team oriented, hands-on marketing innovator comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to think big picture and from a strategic perspective.
- Fluent in today’s digital media platforms and an understanding of best practices of each.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.