Director, Corporate Communications and Events
Total Expert is a private, rapidly growing company that strives for excellence and innovation at all times. Our most successful people operate with a strong sense of urgency, are naturally curious, always look to help solve problems across the organization.
Total Expert is a fintech software pioneer of the first modern, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations to create customers or members for life by re-humanizing complex financial decisions. We ensure financial brands stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. For more information, visit totalexpert.com.
Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019) and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
The Director of Corporate Communications and Content is responsible for developing and executing our organization’s communications and content strategy. This role will support the SVP for Marketing and be responsible for content strategy and execution, public relations, Social Media, internal and external communications, writing, and executive positioning. The task – develop innovative and high impact content and communications to increase brand strength, differentiate Total Expert and deliver positive business results.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include:
- Leadership and management of the Corporate Communications, Social Media and Content team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management.
- Lead media/public relations to achieve high-visibility, positive presence of Total Expert in top tier and industry media.
- Partner with HR to develop and execute a comprehensive internal communications program that helps cultivate our culture and enables change management as Total Expert grows.
- Proactively identify, engage and build relationships with top tier and industry media and other influencers across both traditional media and social media channels.
- Manage corporate communications and content budget and resources effectively.
- Develop and execute an overall coordinated, enterprise-wide corporate communications strategy.
- Spearhead organization’s content strategy.
- Set measurable objectives for corporate communications and content and teams.
- A Leader. Strong team leader and coach.
- Collaborative. Management of communications to multiple stakeholder groups. Ability to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross-functional areas within Total Expert.
- Strong Communicator. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Domain. Solid understanding of integrated marketing approaches.
- Organized. Must be able to run both the corporate communications and content teams simultaneously.
- Attention to Detail. With 90 percent of the output from this role being outward facing, attention to detail is critical.
- Experienced. 7 to 10+ years’ corporate communications or related experience. Hands-on corporate public relations experience, with a high-growth. Experience at companies in the enterprise software industry is a bonus.
- Creative. Creative, strategic thinker who can take initiative, think outside the box and drive additional value to the program.
- Educated. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent work experience required.