Customer Success Operations Manager
MOVE FAST & INNOVATE
Total Expert’s mission is to drive growth by making customer relationships human again. As a private, rapidly growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, we provide the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System (MOS) that enables financial services organizations and their brands to stay ahead of how consumers expect to communicate, shop, and manage their financial lives in the digital/social era. Today, more than 100 customers in both lending and financial services firms, including eight of America’s top 15 lenders, leverage Total Expert’s Marketing Operating System to create customers for life by blending human relationships with digital simplicity.
Why choose Total Expert? At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation and customer success at all times. Our most successful people have a “teamwork makes the dream work” mindset, can operate with a strong sense of urgency, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are solution orientated.
We are being recognized! In 2019, Total Expert made the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies in the country at spot #105 and was the 2nd fastest-growing Minneapolis-based company on the list. In addition to being awarded a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019), we have also been recognized as a HousingWire Tech100 and Minne Inno 50 on Fire award winner in 2019.
The Customer Success Operations Manager (CSOM) will support the growth and efficiency of our Customer Success team. You will be a trusted partner in defining customer success objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale.
The CSOM is responsible for administrating and evolving Gainsight in addition to reviewing best practices, standards, and workflows to ensure consistency and standard operations. This role will be responsible for identifying and understanding prevalent issues based on trend analysis and root cause analysis and participates in efforts to improve operational excellence. Resource allocation will be analyzed and reported on to the VP of Customer Success/Operations to ensure alignment with departmental workflow and project commitments.
The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Apply internal department best practices, standards, and workflows to ensure consistency and standard operations across the entire TE CS department.
- Responsible/support VP of CS operations generating data analysis, reporting and metrics as it pertains to Customer Success, noting trends / issues and making recommendations to improve visibility into business outcomes.
- Determine the timing and content of touch points for CSMs along the customer journey, to drive optimal adoption and Net Promoter Score.
- Work very closely with the Total Expert business analysis team to determine tiered benchmark metrics along with proven ROI and incorporate in best business practices.
- Assist in Tiered Service Level rollout.
- Lead new CSM onboarding and training.
- Detect early signals of at-risk accounts, design playbooks accordingly within Gainsight for CSMs to address them and provide path to escalation.
- Actively drive cross-functional programs and initiatives to support scaling of the business and integrate the customer success engagement processes with teams throughout Total Expert.
- Responsible for ongoing development, enablement and maintenance of Gainsight to achieve positive metrics for customer success including but not limited to creation of success plans, maintain dashboards and reporting and conduct regular system gap analysis by gathering feedback from the Customer Success and Support team.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- Follow and manage to our Total Expert Success Principles.
- Demonstrated experience communicating across departmental boundaries to ensure collaboration, efficiency and service excellence (i.e. interdepartmental communication).
- Experience conferencing with diverse technical and functional groups at all levels of the enterprise to develop solutions and address issues.
- Passion for designing processes that scale.
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions – enjoys digging into complex operations.
- Takes high degree of ownership over their work.
- Strong personal drive and ability to see projects through to execution in a matrixed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- SAAS and B2B experience.
- 5+ years in a Customer Success/Support operational management role.
- Strong analytical ability and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and department.
- Ability to create and execute on corrective actions and strategic plans.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills including talent for conducting research, analyzing data, developing hypotheses, and synthesizing recommendations.
- Experience with customer management systems (ex Gainsight, salesforce, etc).