Senior Product Designer – Interaction Design
Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level marketing and sales software solution built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
We’re looking to add a Senior Product Designer to our team. Are you a customer-obsessed designer? Do you thrive on solving complex problems in creative and elegant ways. Are you someone that not only has deep interaction design skills, but who also totally OWNS the end-to-end experience and might even dabble in creating delightful copy? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Your contributions will include:
• Working through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
• Pushing and evolving interaction design paradigms and patterns based on brand guidelines
• Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to the current and future direction of product design and user experience across our platform
• Utilizing design thinking best practices like deep customer empathy and rapid prototyping to arrive at innovative, intuitive end-to-end experiences
• Advancing a strong point of view, backed up by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
• Collaborating effectively with your product manager and engineering team members in an agile product-development process
• Giving and soliciting feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for design quality
• Deep interaction design skills……trained in user-experience design methods and strategies
• 4+ years of experience in UX for desktop and mobile SaaS applications
• Highly skilled at applying design systems to customer-facing product applications
• Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious
• 1-2 years experience with / exposure to visual design practices
• A diverse online portfolio showcasing your design thinking and UX approach
• Has a desire to be a “full-stack” designer
• Experience with creating and leveraging design systems
• Experience with complex, data-driven interfaces (data tables, data visualization)
• Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, etc.
Interested in this position?