Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering Team! In this position you’ll work directly with a large team of Software, QA, Data, and DevOps team members to expand and support the Total Expert platform and integrations. We’re looking a full stack engineer who excels at creating software in all layers of a web platform, understands databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS web-based technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
• Develop new features and platform capabilities using the very latest developer tooling for our
Marketing Automation and CRM platform, and technology integrations.
• Participate in problem analysis and collaborate with business users, customers, Product Team
members, and other Engineering team members to identify and implement innovative software
solutions and enhancements.
• Provide maintenance break/fix support for assigned areas of the platform and triage support
issues to other areas of the Engineering Team.
• Participate in software scrum projects, communicate status and obstacles to the delivery team,
and assist with planning and estimating.
• Participate in code reviews and provide mentorship and technical work direction to other
Engineering team members.
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience within a team-based environment
• Experience building and maintaining responsive web applications
• Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS (Less, Sass, Bootstrap)
• Experience with PHP Frameworks (such as Slim, Symphony, or Laravel)
• Experience writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks, and providing
mentorship to other team members around unit testing approaches
• LAMP server administration experience
• SQL expertise (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (data representation, data structures,
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
• Team based development experience using an agile development methodology
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or
Interested in this position?