Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level Marketing Operating System built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
We are looking for a Senior Data Developer to join our growing Engineering Team! In this position you’ll be working in a senior role on a team leveraging your experience working with data and data technologies building out our data and analytics capabilities for both our internal team members and our customers. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about data and databases, and who has prior development experience on the tech stack we’re building and can bring their experience around best practices and effective approaches for moving and assembling data within a cloud based SaaS platform.
What you’ll be doing:
• Helping build the data warehouse and data marts
• Creating ETLs to move data from MariaDB to Redshift using tools and python
• Creating reports for internal customers
• Performance tuning and maintenance on the ETLs
• Mentoring other team members on best practices
• Participating in team-based knowledge sharing opportunities and contributing to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of Total Expert’s Engineering team.
• Enthusiasm to work within a startup where every day can be a new adventure
• 5+ years of experience with Big Data technologies in a team-based environment
• 3+ years of experience with data tools and technologies within AWS including RedShift
• 2+ years Python ETL experience
• Experience building a data warehouse from the ground up
• Experience building the warehouse schema for ease of use and performance
• Expert SQL knowledge
• Knowledge of data analytics a plus
• Team based development experience team-based tooling such as Jira, Git, etc
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or
Interested in this position?