Director of Demand Generation
Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level marketing and sales software solution built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
The Director of Demand Generation is responsible for planning, organizing and executing programs that generate new prospects and help us expand into new industries, including banking, wealth management, insurance and others in the financial services vertical. As the the owner of the central demand function at Total Expert, you are a critical liaison between Marketing, Sales and other key business holders across the company.
You will be responsible for managing the development of marketing plans, consisting of multi-touch, multi-dimensional programs that include both inbound and outbound strategies and tactics that target our total addressable market. You love marketing programs, are a strong project manager, are self-directed and enjoy working collaboratively.
• Lead our enterprise lead generation programs, processes and systems. Design and execute our
enterprise demand generation strategy working with marketing, sales and business
development to analyze and provide quantitative and qualitative feedback on performance.
• Develop and project manage an integrated demand generation plan, working collaboratively
across teams to deliver robust marketing campaigns.
• Plan, organize and execute account based marketing programs that capture market share and
strengthen Total Expert’s brand. Use the latest in account based marketing technology to run
multi-channel campaigns targeting Total Expert’s total addressable market.
• Define goals and metrics for all demand generation programs, including: lead nurturing
campaigns, banners, webcasts, syndicated content and PPC programs.
• Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the programs’ impact.
• Be an advocate to the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities.
• Own the lead management process from lead capture to follow-up. You will work collaboratively
with Sales & Business Development to obtain feedback on quality of MQLs generated from
• Research and expand our content distribution and advertising footprint.
• Manage the demand generation budget.
• Work closely with the team responsible for reporting, analytics, planning and budgeting for the
• Be a key influencer of the Marketing technology stack, including optimization, architecture,
enablement and roadmap.
• Continually assess the capabilities of our Marketing Automation platform, Hubspot and Triblio.
Skills and Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience in B2B demand generation at a SaaS company.
• Experience implementing and managing enterprise lead generation programs and processes –
on time and within budget.
• Fantastic project management, collaboration and communication skills with a great track record
of working across sales, marketing and technology teams.
• Self-directed and self-starter.
• Highly analytical and metrics driven. You live for the data and are excited to optimize campaigns using those insights.
• Inbound marketing strategy execution experience and a strong understanding of digital marketing tactics.
• Account Based Marketing and Named Account Marketing experience.
• Able to market to a range of B2B buyers using a wide variety of offers (white papers, case studies, webinars) and delivery mechanisms (email, telephone, direct mail).
• Proven experience with marketing automation, CRMs and account-based marketing technology
• Comfortable with a balance of day-to-day execution and high-level strategy – in an extremely fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
• Experience with digital Marketing platforms for paid search, online advertising and analytics.
Interested in this position?