Total Expert is a tech start-up that is focused on providing the very first fully integrated central hub for marketing sales and collaboration across the financial services industries. We need someone who is motivated to move fast, be innovative and deliver quality.
We are looking for a high performing Accounting Manager to help us build out our accounting team. The right candidate has previous experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment and possesses strong attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively, and a strong knowledge of GAAP. Initially you will be a team of one, but that will quickly change as you assess the needs of the organization and bring great talent to the team.
What you’ll be doing:
• Manage overall accounting functions and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close per GAAP accounting (i.e. revenue recognition).
• Maintain and continuously improve internal control procedures and compliance.
• Collaborate with the finance manager to support monthly forecasting cycle and annual operating plan.
• Manage and participate in the improvement of the Company’s corporate credit card program, including reconciliations and journal entries.
• Own and improve our corporate expense reimbursement system.
• Manage the relationship and activities of the independent public accountant, external tax advisor, and other third-party advisory firms. Work with external audit and tax specialists on various aspects of year-end audit and tax filing requirements
What you’ll have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Accounting or similar field
• 5 years (ish) experience in progressive accounting roles
• Public Accounting experience is preferred but not required
• A CPA is preferred but not required
• NetSuite experience is strongly preferred
The successful candidate will have:
• Have a crazy attention to detail, but only when it matters. Let’s not get wrapped up in details that aren’t important.
• Really like GAAP, and not be afraid to dive in, do some reading, and figure out the answer.
• Love technology. Not only do we sell it, but we use it all day long as well. You must possess a strong curiosity around our systems and learn to use and improve them.
• Eat audits for breakfast. You will own ours, and work with our audit partners to ensure a speedy and efficient annual audit.
• Be a doer, as well as a thinker, and will roll-up your sleeves and get to work without a second thought.
Interested in this position?